MobileMe is a beautiful, all-in-one, simple way to keep your PC, Mac, iPod, iPhone & iPad altogether synchronized
Its only drawback: it's not free and it's actually quite expensive ( $99/y and $149/y for the "Family Pack" )
The solutions provided throughout this website allow you to benefit from most MobileMe features for free ( see "Tutorials List" to the right )
Though, if you prefer everything to be done automatically, here is how to set up MobileMe on your iPhone
- On your iPhone, go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Make sure "Fetch New Data" is set to "Push"
- Tap Add Account->MobileMe
- Fill the 4 required fields as follows:
- Your name: your name, for example Mike Johnson
- Address: your MobileMe address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: your password for this MobileMe account
- Description: MobileMe
- Hit "Save"
- Select the MobileMe services you wish to sync ( Mails, Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes )
Turn on "Find My iPhone" if you want to use this service ( more on this feature )
- Tap "Done"
- Turn "Passcode Lock" on
- Click Settings->General->Passcode Lock and enter your desired password twice
Notes & possible issues
- iPod Touch users will need a Wi-Fi connection